25 November 2017

Either // Or


I love it when long weekends or holiday breaks are when I become possessed with reading and can do nothing but. I love it more when long weekends or holiday breaks are when I become possessed with writing poems and can do nothing but. Sometimes the body seems to know what it needs, such as stillness and words on a page that aren't asking for suggestions. Other times it's like hitting a buried water line but that line is filled with words and you invite them to seep up into the grass, to break the pavement open, to saturate the floorboards. Right now, I'm reading. Pretty soon, writing. One, or the other, but for me it's never both. 

No comments:

Charleston gratitude and overdue update

I've been good about keeping things updated over on my website, but not as successful in updating this dear old blog. Many apologi...